Australia’s seemingly forgotten fast bowler Peter Siddle has been thrown a lifeline with Mitchell Starc’s ankle injury which restricted him from mid-match in Cardiff.
Siddle has been marooned on 192 Test wickets for some time, but could play in the second Test ahead of Starc whose ankle injury restricted his workload on the third day.
With only three days scheduled break between the first and second Tests, Starc may not have sufficient time to prove his fitness.
Siddle had been used only sparingly in the two leadup matches before Cardiff, taking 1-46 and 1-34 against Kent and 1-37 and 0-15 bargain at Essex.
INVINCIBLE: order your signed copy now
(03) 9787 8023
Look for something specifc? Call us!
- Amiss, Dennis - Not Out at Close of Play, a life in cricket, new by Ken
- Milam, Greg - And Bring the Darkness Home, Tony Dell's story (ex July) by Ken
- Davis, Ken - Born to play, the Barry Davis story (standard edition) by Ken
- Potter, Jack - Born Lucky, the story of Jack Potter (limited edition) by Ken
- Murtagh, Andrew - If not me, who? The story of Tony Greig by Ken