Australia’s seemingly forgotten fast bowler Peter Siddle has been thrown a lifeline with Mitchell Starc’s ankle injury which restricted him from mid-match in Cardiff.
Siddle has been marooned on 192 Test wickets for some time, but could play in the second Test ahead of Starc whose ankle injury restricted his workload on the third day.
With only three days scheduled break between the first and second Tests, Starc may not have sufficient time to prove his fitness.
Siddle had been used only sparingly in the two leadup matches before Cardiff, taking 1-46 and 1-34 against Kent and 1-37 and 0-15 bargain at Essex.
INVINCIBLE: order your signed copy now
(03) 9787 8023
Look for something specifc? Call us!
- Piesse, Ken - Fifteen Minutes of Fame, standard edition, new, hardback by Ken
- Sayer, Richard - David Larter bowling fast the highs and lows (biog) by Ken
- Peel, Mark - Never Surrender, the life of Douglas Jardine, new by Ken
- Mallett, Ashley - Neil Harvey, the last Invincible, SIGNED BY NEIL by Ken
- Amiss, Dennis - Not Out at Close of Play, a life in cricket, new by Ken